We (I) are slowly preparing our stuff for Eid this year alhamdulillah. Last years Eid’s with stress the days before and late nights really got me so tiered. Subhanallah, why does it alway get like that? : ) This year we are taking it slow, preparing little by little with plenty of time left.
My kids have become really interested in pirates the last couple of weeks, so I decided to spin on that trail. For Eid they will be getting this huge pirate treasure filled with gold (chocolate money), lollipops and a small toy (haven’t put it in yet). This was so much fun making! Really there is no wrong here, just go with the flow. A lot of stuff I bought from thrift finding stores alhamdulillah, you can’t really buy new stuff for this kind of project haha, it needs to have old things ; )
Pirate theme is easy fo me to do with my kids (very small) but if you have older kids this could be a muslim war booty mashallah : ) That is sooo much more fun than playing pirates. Now you are on your way to Badr, eager to win (or find) that war booty with the caravan filled with gold, gems and silk ; )
Here is a quick tutorial how to make it:
1. Find a cardboard box, don’t take a too big box, and a simple sheet ? of cardboard.
2. Cut of the top.
3. Roll the cardboard sheet, this makes it’s so easier later when you bend it to become the lid. Then cut it so it will fit the box and have the right length, depends on how high you want it.
4. Glue it to the back of the box ( I used my gluegun for everything in this project, it goes so fast alhamdulillah!)
5. Cut out half circles to fit the sides of the lid. I just hold the lid in the shape I wanted. Then I drew it of on the cardboardsheet.
6. Tape or glue on the sides to the lid. the sides will keep the lid in shape.
7. I wrapped my box with a brow gift paper, you don’t have to do this, I did it because my box was a bit to damaged.
8. Use brown or black color to create that wood imitation on it.
9. Drape the inside with some beautiful fabric.
10. Glue on two belts (or just paint them in gold color)
11. Add some gold glitter anywhere you like.
12. Fill with CANDY! : )