This is a really fun DIY Eid craft and it will look so beautiful to decorate with during Eid <3 The best part is that you can color it just as you like and it is not difficult to make, just take your time to make it. There are still time to make this for Eid! ðŸ™‚
I see these ribbon banners all the time on Pinterest, so I tried to make one on my own. But when I was finished with it (I use Adobe Indesign and Illustrator to make most of my templates) I thought of making a giant version of it! So I started working on a template and alhamdulillah it worked fine to make it big and in cardboard. Enough talk ðŸ˜‰ scroll down for the instructions and FREE printable template to make this Eid Mubarak Ribbon Garland <3
Eid Mubarak Ribbon Garland Template (download the template at the end of this post)
Sciccors and x-acto knife (hobbykniv)
Paint, paper or fabric (anything beautiful you want to cover the cardboard with)
Cardstock Paper (for the flowers, leaves and Eid Mubarak-letters)
Ribbon or string
1. Start by cutting out all pieces from the template. Put together FRONT 1, 2 and 3 with tape. Do the same with Â UPPER RIBBON 1 and 2.
2. Lay the template pieces on your cardboard and draw them on the cardboard. Use scissors or x-actoknife to cut out all pieces from the cardboard. Now you should have five pieces of cardboard to create the ribbon base.
4. Trace the flowers, leaves and Eid Mubarak letters on heavy cardstock paper. You don’t need to trace the letters on heavy cardstock, it is mostly the flowers and leaves which needs to be cut out in heavy cardstock to be strong and stable. Cover the backside of the flowers with paper in another color, it will show through the openings you can cut out (this is voluntary, if you don’t want to cut out all those little openings just draw of the outlines of the flowers).
5. Put togheter the cardboard piecesÂ (I used my glue gun for this)
6. Glue on the flowers, leaves and letters. Lay them out first, before you glue them on, so you know how and where you want them to be.
7. Glue on a ribbon or string on the back depending on how you want it to hang. All done!